This is the up-to-date, source of truth, for everything about the North Island Hospital Comox Valley move. #NIHMoveCV
We will continue to provide updates here as they become available.
The new North Island Hospital Comox Valley campus opened to patients on Sunday, October 1, 2017.
• Starting October 1st, Emergency and Obstetric patients can begin accessing the new North Island Hospital Comox Valley through the Emergency Department
• Until then, for Emergency Assistance please call 9-1-1 or go to St. Joseph’s General Hospital Emergency department, located in Comox at 2137 Comox Avenue.
• The North Island Hospital Emergency Department entrance is off of Lerwick Road near the NIC Access Road.
• Access the main entrance of the new hospital via the new Waters Place intersection on Lerwick Road.
• On Sunday, October 1st , we ask that, if possible, people wait until after 1 p.m. to visit patients in the new hospital. This will help us ensure a smooth and organized transfer of patients to the new facility.
- Are there designated move in times for patients?
Patients will receive a letter outlining move in times and procedure. The transfer of patients will begin at approximately 8 a.m. and end at approximately 1 p.m. Patients should expect to have breakfast at St. Joseph's General Hospital and lunch at the new North Island Hospital, Comox Valley campus.
- Is St. Joseph's General Hospital (SJGH) closing?
No. St. Joseph's is not closing. All acute health-care services, including the emergency department, are moving to the new hospital but St. Joseph's General Hospital (SJGH) will continue to operate residential care at The Views. The outpatient lab will also remain in operation at the SJGH site.
- Will parking be available?
Yes, on-site parking will be available in lots near the Emergency Department and Main Entrance. There is also a parkade near the Main Entrance. There is no cost for parking.
- Is there a helpline if I require further information about the move?
You can email questions about the move to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to go when you get here
For Emergency care please go directly to the Emergency Department.
If you are being admitted to hospital or arriving for: Lab work, minor day procedures like endoscopy or cataracts, Medical Imaging, Heart & Lung Diagnostics or a Bone & Joint Clinicappoint-ment, please go to Central Registration near the Main Entrance.
If you are arriving for: Medical Daycare, Cancer Care, Diabetes Education, Outpatient Nutrition, Telehealth, Wellness Outpatient Procedures, Ophthalmology Clinic, Ostomy, Wound Care, Adolescent Outreach Services, North Island Eating disorders, Psychiatric Collaborative Care Clinic, Geriatric Specialty Services or Visiting Clinics, please check-in at the Wellness Centre on the Main Floor near the Emergency Department.
Unsure where to go? Check in with the Information Desk near the Main Entrance.