Island Health has declared three additional long-term care outbreaks and updated the status of an existing outbreak.
Fir Park Village long-term care home in Port Alberni
Three resident cases have been identified related to this outbreak. The outbreak declaration is limited to the Blue and Yellow units at this time.
Fir Park Village is owned and operated by the Alberni-Clayoquot Continuing Care Society.
The Summit long-term care home in Victoria
Four resident cases have been identified related to this outbreak. The outbreak declaration is limited to the Eagle unit at this time.
The Summit is owned and operated by Island Health.
Parkwood Court long-term care home in Victoria
Four resident cases have been identified related to this outbreak. The outbreak declaration is for the first and second floor at this time.
Parkwood Court is owned and operated by Revera.
Update to existing outbreak:
Dufferin Place long-term care home in Nanaimo
The outbreak declared at Dufferin Place has now been expanded to include the entire site in the outbreak declaration. A total of 27 resident cases have been identified related to this outbreak. Residents are being closely monitored and, in general, are experiencing mild symptoms at this time.
The case numbers reported in this bulletin are cases that have been confirmed via PCR testing or follow up from Island Health’s case and contact management team.
In general, the following outbreak response protocols have been implemented at the sites:
- No admissions or transfers to affected units;
- Essential visits can continue in outbreak units and sites;
- Staff movement will be limited wherever possible;
- No congregate dining or group activities for residents of affected units;
- Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures will continue;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- Enhanced screening of all staff and residents for symptoms;
- COVID-19 testing as determined by the Medical Health Officer and Infection Prevention and Control.
During this time, Island Health will support the sites to take any further actions required and answer questions from staff, residents and family members.
Island Health has implemented comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in long-term care, acute care, assisted living and licensed care facilities.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit: www.islandhealth.ca/covid19.