People aged 12 and older can now get their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at a temporary walk-in immunization clinic at Woodgrove Centre.
This clinic is opening today, thanks to a partnership between Island Health and Woodgrove Centre. It is for adults and youth in need of first doses only. Anyone in need of a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine needs to book an appointment through the provincial Get Vaccinated system.
The temporary clinic space is located in the previous Le Chateau location next to La Senza at the north end of the mall. While it will be open seven days a week initially, the closing date will be determined by uptake.
Clinic hours are:
• Monday to Friday: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sundays: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition to this temporary clinic, Island Health is continuing to provide a limited number of first-dose walk-in appointments each day at existing mass immunization clinics (such a Beban Park in Nanaimo) and expanding the number of appointments available for booking.
To ensure your vaccination appointment, you can register and book an appointment through the provincial Get Vaccinated system.
• For more information about Island Health clinic locations and hours: www.islandhealth.ca
• To register or book a vaccination appointment please go to www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca
• For answers to common questions about the COVID-19 vaccines go to www.immunizebc.ca