The addition of a second Vax Van and temporary on-campus immunization clinics are another example of Island Health’s efforts to make getting the COVID-19 vaccine as easy and convenient as possible for people in our region.
Island Health’s mobile Vax Vans will be set up at popular shopping centres in Victoria and Nanaimo this long weekend, and begin visiting post-secondary campuses across Vancouver Island starting next week.
Our second Vax Van hit the road in Victoria this week and a Vax Van team will be setup at the following locations in the coming days:
- Saturday, September 4: Uptown Centre in Victoria from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, September 5: Mayfair Shopping Centre from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, September 6: Woodgrove Centre in Nanaimo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Anyone born in 2009 or earlier is welcome to attend and receive their first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Second doses are available 28 days or more after your first. Please bring your COVID-19 Immunization Record Card, if you have it, and your Personal Health Number.
Starting next week, post-secondary students and staff are invited to attend temporary on-campus COVID-19 immunization clinics. Friends, family and members of the public who are 12 and older are also welcome to attend these clinics, including those who do not have Personal Health Numbers and/or people who are not residents of B.C. Post-secondary clinic details are listed below.
While temporary and mobile clinics are an important part of the immunization effort, community clinics continue to operate across the Island Health region. As the volume of vaccinations declines, many clinics are moving into smaller locations where they can continue to provide convenient access to immunization.
Please check our website before attending a clinic to ensure you have the most up-to-date information on clinic locations and hours of operation.
Additional clinics have been scheduled for many small communities, including Tofino, Ucluelet, Denman Island, Bamfield, Port Hardy, Port McNeill and Sayward. Watch for local information or visit Island Health’s website for schedule details.
Post-Secondary clinic Schedule:
University of Victoria
- Sept. 10, Vax Van at the Quad from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 13, Vax Van at the MOD from 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Camosun College – Lansdowne (3100 Foul Bay Rd.)
- Sept. 8: Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 15: pop-up clinic on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Camosun College – Interurban (4461 Interurban Rd.)
- Sept. 9, 14 & 16: Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Vancouver Island University - Nanaimo
- Sept. 7, Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
North Island College – multiple locations
- Port Alberni – Sept. 14, Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Courtenay – Sept. 15, Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Campbell River, Sept. 16, Vax Van on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Royal Roads University, (2005 Sooke Rd.)
- Sept. 8, pop-up clinic at the Dogwood Auditorium from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 15, Vax Van on campus at the Dogwood Auditorium from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 22, pop-up clinic at the Dogwood Auditorium from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.