Vancouver Island – Island Health is launching a new public website that is patient-focused, mobile-friendly, location-aware and accessible. The new site will meet patients and users where they are – delivering content about health topics, services and locations in their own communities.
www.islandhealth.ca was designed and developed in partnership with patients, medical staff and community organizations including the Patient Voices Network. The new site will include a medical staff subsite dedicated to meet the needs of current Island Health medical staff and to attract prospective new medical staff.
“Island Health is pleased to introduce our new mobile and user-friendly website,” said Leah Hollins, Island Health Board Chair. “We know every patient, client and resident is unique and we are excited that they can now customize their Island Health website experience too. Having a platform that recognizes visitors by their community will streamline services and help us better deliver on our commitment to excellence in health and care.”
What’s new? www.islandhealth.ca is:
- Easier to navigate because information is organized in a way that helps users easily find what is important to them
- Responsive to mobile devices (i.e. cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc)
- Location responsive with options that enable users to auto-filter certain content—showing services closest to where they live
- Culturally inclusive by integrating Indigenous perspectives such as region-wide territorial acknowledgement
- Accessible to people who are visually impaired and require screen or braille readers
Island Health provides health care and support services to more than 767,000 people on Vancouver Island, the islands in the Salish Sea and the Johnstone Strait, and mainland communities north of Powell River.
Central/North Island media inquiries
South Island media inquiries: