Island Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Craigdarroch long-term care home in Victoria. Two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 at the site. At this time, no residents are experiencing symptoms. Communication with residents, families and staff is underway. Both staff members are self-isolating at home.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place. Island Health is working with Craigdarroch leadership and staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all residents and staff.
The following measures have been proactively implemented at the site:
• Admissions and transfers will be restricted while the outbreak is in effect;
• Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care;
• Social visitors are currently restricted;
• Resident movement in the facility has been restricted;
• Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures continue;
• Residents, families and staff are being notified;
• Twice a day screening of all staff and residents continues;
• COVID-19 testing will be done for all staff and residents.
Craigdarroch Care Home is a long-term care home owned and operated by Trillium Communities. During this time, Island Health will work with Craigdarroch leadership to take any further actions required, support the facility and answer questions from staff, residents and family members.
Island Health has implemented comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in long-term care, acute care, assisted living and independent living facilities.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit: www.islandhealth.ca/covid19.