Looking for a special volunteer experience?
The iCan Bike camp teaches children with cognitive and/or physical challenges how to ride a conventional two-wheeled bike. Watch a short video about this special program. We are seeking physically fit volunteers to make this year’s camp a success.
July 10-14 at Oak Bay High School
Half-day shifts—morning or afternoon
- Individuals, age 16+, who are eager to help a child or youth with special needs to learn to ride a two-wheeled bike
- Physically fit volunteers who can walk, jog and run beside riders for most of the 75 minute sessions, and are strong enough to hold the bike and rider in the event of a fall
- Commitment to attend all five half-day shifts of the camp, as well as a one-hour orientation session on Sunday, July 9, in the afternoon
Enthusiastic individuals with ability to provide emotional and motivational support to riders
- Valuable volunteer experience working with a special population of children and youth
See first-hand how children and youth with special needs can succeed at learning a valuable recreational task with your encouragement and assistance
- Have fun while being physically active
- Meet and collaborate with other volunteers
- Receive a certificate outlining volunteer duties and hours upon completion
E-mail Jennifer Piotrofski at email@example.com.