These awards aim to support researchers and clinicians to partner with people with lived experience of health issues and other stakeholders in planning research studies or developing Patient-Oriented Research (POR) projects in the Island Health region.
- One-time funding will be provided up to a maximum of $15,000 per team
- Funding terms are one year in duration, with awards beginning April 1st, 2020
- The Lead Applicant must be an academic researcher, clinician, health professional or healthcare decision-maker whose host institution will hold the funds
How to Apply
- Registration is required prior to completing the full application. The registration form can be accessed online at: https://redcap.viha.ca/redcap/surveys/?s=RDRMHJKAE3
- Registration deadline: December 16th, 2019 at 4pm PST
- Registration forms will be reviewed; only approved applicants will be invited to submit a full application
- Full Application deadline (by invitation): January 27th, 2020
For full details of the awards, see the competition guidelines.
This targeted call will fund Planning & Development projects that focus on future research to improve care transitions or patient flow pathways from acute care to community or long-term care settings.
A total of $50,000 is available through this competition; applicants may ask for any amount but submission of a tiered budget is recommended.
Funding terms are one year in duration, with awards beginning on or before April 1st, 2020. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with funds distributed to successful teams until the available pool of funding is fully allocated.
• View the guidelines for the targeted call.
• Application packages may be submitted in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org