The BC SUPPORT Unit Vancouver Island Centre is excited to announce its inaugural Patient-Oriented Research Fellowship competition. These Fellowships will provide one-time funding for one Masters’ student ($10,000) and one PhD student ($15,000) interested in undertaking Patient-Oriented Research (POR). Each funding term is one year in duration and will be paid as a monthly stipend.
- Applicants must be enrolled in, or accepted to, a graduate program at a Vancouver Island institution and be undertaking or planning to undertake health-related thesis research.
- Post-graduate students who are attending any of the academic institutions within the Island Health region are eligible to apply.
- International students are eligible for this fellowship.
The objectives of this fellowship are to:
- Provide recipients with training and support in the principles and practice of POR;
- Develop capacity through an interdisciplinary approach that fosters collaboration between research partners (e.g. patient partners, students, thesis supervisors, clinicians, community members, and health system decision-makers);
- Create opportunities for research partners to work together, from conceptualization of the research question through to dissemination and implementation of results;
- Demonstrate the impact of the Fellowship for recipients and patients; and
- Encourage recipients to use patient-oriented approaches to research in the future.
Competition launch: July 9th, 2019
Deadline for application submission: August 16th, 2019 at 4pm PST
Notification of results: September 10th, 2019
Start of funding: October 1st, 2019
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with any questions and to receive the application package.