Going for an external grant? Here's what you need to know, and how we can help. All notifications and requests must be submitted online through the Research Services Portal (You will be asked to register before accessing this site.)
Notice of Intent to Apply
Island Health employees are required to submit a "Notice of Intent to Apply" if:
- you are the Principal Applicant on a grant application, with Island Health as your primary institutional affiliation or
- you are the Island Health lead on the grant application (as co-applicant, collaborator, etc.)
Once we receive your notification, we can connect you with the right people and departments, help you develop your budget, and request letters of support on your behalf.
NOTE: only one notice per application is required.
Notifications must be submitted as soon as possible and are requested at least:
- 2 months in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants over $100,000
- 1 month in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants under $100,000
Requesting Letters of Support
We can assist external researchers in requesting letters from Island Health to support grant applications aligned with our strategic priorities.
- Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance of the application deadline.
How to Submit Requests
All notifications and requests must be submitted online through the Research Services Portal.
In-kind contributions are non-monetary or cash equivalent resources that can be given a cash value. They may be a budget requirement in a grant application, or they may be included to show organizational support for the project.
- Learn more in our in-kind toolkit
Canadian Common CVs
Working on a CIHR application? Stuck on your CCV? We can do that for you! Learn more about how we can help with your application.