Going for an external grant? Here's what you need to know, and how we can help.
Notice of Intent to Apply
Island Health employees are required to submit a Notice of Intent if:
- you are the Principal Applicant on a grant application, with Island Health as your primary institutional affiliation or
- you are the Island Health lead on the grant application (as co-applicant, collaborator, etc.)
Once we receive your notification, we can connect you with the right people and departments, help you develop your budget, and request letters of support on your behalf.
NOTE: only one notice per application is required.
Notifications must be submitted as soon as possible and are requested at least:
- 2 months in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants over $100,000
- 1 month in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants under $100,000
Island Health may specify internal deadlines ahead of individual competitions. Please contact Isabel.Moore@viha.ca to confirm.
Requesting Letters of Support
We can assist external researchers in requesting letters from Island Health to support grant applications aligned with our strategic priorities.
- Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance of the application deadline.
How to Submit Requests
All notifications and requests must be submitted online through this form.
In-kind contributions are non-monetary or cash equivalent resources that can be given a cash value. They may be a budget requirement in a grant application, or they may be included to show organizational support for the project.
- Learn more in our in-kind toolkit
Canadian Common CVs
Working on a CIHR application? Stuck on your CCV? We can do that for you! Learn more about how we can help with your application.