Knowledge translation is all about moving evidence into practice to improve care. Read Island Health's Knowledge Translation Plan 2015 to learn how we're working to integrate evidence into practice.
The below tools, templates, and resources are available to help you translate evidence into practice.
Guides and Workbooks
These tools will help you get your message to the right people at the right time and in the right medium:
- From Research to Practice: A Knowledge Transfer Planning Guide (Institute for Work & Health; R. Reardon, J. Lavis, and J. Gibson)
- Innovation to Implementation: A Practical Guide to Knowledge Translation in Health Care (from Simon Fraser’s Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addiction)
Knowledge Translation Planning Template (by Melanie Barwick)
Further Reading and Resources
- COVID-19 Knowledge Translation Resource Hub
- Knowledge Translation Canada
- Guide to Knowledge Translation Planning at CIHR
- The Canadian Knowledge Transfer and Exchange Community of Practice
- Dementia KT Learning Centre
- Dr. Carole Estabrooks, University of Alberta
- Knowledge Translation in Health Care: Moving from Evidence to Practice
- Knowledge Translation Methods and Tools for Public Health from the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools