We want your MyVirtualVisit appointment to be a success. This page contains steps for joining your scheduled MyVirtualVisit appointment.
Tips to Ensure a Successful Appointment
- Test your connection in advance and download the MyVirtualVisit app
- Join your appointment 5-10 minutes ahead of time to allow time to get technical help if needed.
- Have your BC Services Card or Driver's Licence with Personal Health Number available to confirm your identity.
- Sit a few feet (one metre) away from your camera, and avoid bright lights or other distracting objects behind you.
- Plug-in mobile devices and tablets to ensure you don’t run out of battery power during your consult.
- Be aware of your data plan. Using MyVirtualVisit outside of a WiFi network will use cellular data and may result in extra charges from your telecommunications provider.
Step 1. Email or SMS notification
You will receive an appointment invitation via email or SMS text message that contains appointment information and a link to your scheduled appointment.
*If you do not have the InTouch Patient app on your device, you will be prompted to download it at this point. See Downloading the MyVirtualVisit App for more information.
Sample email invitation
Sample Text Message
Don’t see the email? Check your junk or spam folders.
Do not share your MyVirtualVisit email/SMS invitation with others. This is intended just for you to access your appointment.
Step 2. Virtual Waiting Room
Click “check-in” to join the MyVirtualVisit Waiting Room. Keep this window open! Do not close your browser or exit the screen.
Here's what the waiting room looks like:
Step 3. Virtual Appointment Begins
Here is an example of what your screen will look like when your provider joins you in the Virtual Waiting Room.
During Your Appointment
- Your provider will ask you to identify yourself, and any other people that may be attending the appointment with you.
- For your safety, your provider may ask for your address or location at the start of your appointment.
- If you feel uncomfortable with the virtual visit at any time, please tell your provider. Your appointment can be rescheduled to happen over the telephone, in a telehealth room, or in-person.
What to do if your appointment is accidentally disconnected
If you end the call by mistake, click the link in your appointment email or SMS text message to re-join. If that doesn’t work, contact your provider’s office and ask them to send you another appointment invitation.
If your provider ends the call by mistake, stay in the Virtual Waiting Room until they re-join.
Technical Support and General Inquiries
For urgent help with your connection, joining your appointment or even finding your appointment email contact our help desk at 1-888-519-1880 daily, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
General questions about the service? Send us an email: email@example.com
Contact your provider’s office if you have questions about your appointment or need to reschedule.