What is Home Health Monitoring?
Home Health Monitoring is a free service to support people living with heart failure or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or diabetes to manage their condition from the comfort of their home. By participating in this service, you will improve your knowledge of your chronic disease and ability to manage your own health.
Tools are provided to help you manage your heart failure or COPD or diabetes:
- Education Binder
- Pulse Oximeter
- Weigh Scale
- Blood Pressure Monitor
Learn more about Home health Monitoring Brochure
How do I participate in Home Health Monitoring?
If you or a family member have heart failure or COPD, speak with your physician or nurse practitioner, your nurse while in hospital or call your home health office to find out if Home Health Monitoring is right for you.
North Island: 1-866-928-4988
Parksville & Qualicum: 250-951-9550
Central Island: 1-877-734-4101
South Island: 1-888-533-2273
What will I be doing if I participate in Home Health Monitoring?
Participation in this service only takes a few minutes a day. Your results and responses are automatically sent to your Home Health Monitoring Nurse.
If you choose to participate, you will:
- Measure your blood pressure, weight, and oxygen level every morning
- Answer a few questions to help evaluate your health daily
How will the Home Health Monitoring nurse help me?
- Monitors and looks for changes in your measurements Monday to Friday
- Contacts you regularly to review your results and answer your questions
- Send reports and communicates concerns to your physician
See how Home Health Monitoring has helped El and her family manage her condition from the comfort of her own home.
Heart Failure Resources
- Heart Failure Zones
- Heart Health Log
- Heart Health Resources
- Living Well with Heart Failure Book
- Living Well with Heart Failure Video
- Heart Failure Medication Videos
- COPD Flare-up Action Plan
- COPD Health Log
- COPD Health Resources
- Living Well with COPD
- Living Well with COPD video
- How to Use Your Inhaler
- COPD Exercise Videos
- COPD Activity Log
General Information on Home Health Monitoring
Anyone can refer to Home Health Monitoring