The Urgent Medical Assessment Clinic provides specialized medical consultation, assessment and treatment under the care of an Internal Medicine Specialist to help in the diagnosis and management of your medical condition.
General Information on Urgent Medical Assessment Clinic (UMAC)
Physician referral required. Patients who have complex medical needs and who require additional assessments under the specialized care of an Internal Medicine Specialist. This may include peri-operative assessments.
Referral Forms (Physician only):
Once we have received your referral we will call you to book an appointment.
- plan to spend 1-2 hours in the clinic
- the internal specialist will take a detailed medical history and perform a thorough physical exam
- you may be examined by a medical student or resident training in internal medicine
- if you are driving, please allow for extra time as parking space is limited
- if possible please bring your current medications with you and/or a list from your pharmacy
- you may need to have other tests or procedures done which will be arranged for you
Royal Jubilee Hospital
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Victoria General Hospital
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.