The Phototherapy Clinic at the Royal Jubliee Hospital in Victoria is here to help patients take control of their psoriasis and other photo-responsive skin conditions in an environment that is safe and non-judgmental.
The clinic will be closed on Monday, Sept 7, 2020 for the STAT holiday.
Important note for patients to follow:
• New drop in patient clinic hours are 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (closed on STAT holidays)
• All patients MUST enter and exit through the main doors of the Memorial Pavilion at RJH between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.. No side entrances to this building will be available for patients to enter or exit.
• Important to note that every patient will be asked a series of specific questions at the Front Main Entrance to the building before proceeding up to the clinic and then again once patient has arrived to the Phototherapy Clinic.
• Please print off the COVID Screener Questionnaire (found on Phototherapy page) and fill out day of arrival to this clinic to give to the Clinic RN.
• UV goggles previously provided by the clinic will no longer be available, patients instead must now bring their own pair.
If patient does not have their own pair, a pair can be purchased at the RJH Pharmacy ~ Located on level 1 in the RJH Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
• Please do not come to the clinic if you have any cold or flu like symptoms.
• Patients to bring their own lotions to clinic.
• If patient has their own mask, please wear it to the clinic appointment
• No visitors to accompany patients unless patient has cognitive or mobility issues.
We thank you for your support and ongoing patience as we reopen the RJH Phototherapy Clinic.
Longer then normal clinic wait times will occur so please ensure that you have found adequate and appropriate parking.
For COVID-19 information visit: www.islandhealth.ca/covid19.
General Information on Phototherapy Clinic - Royal Jubliee Hospital
We accept referrals from Dermatologists. Patients wishing to access this service should speak with their General Practitioner (GP) about seeing a Dermatologist for their condition.
Physicians and nurse practitioners:
The clinic does not have an on-site Dermatologist. Please contact the clinic if you need any assistance in referring patients to a dermatologist that is prescribing phototherapy.
Bring a current list of any prescriptions (topical, oral or injectable) and over the counter skin creams to your first visit.
The additional resources at the bottom of this page may help increase understanding of skin conditions, treatment information and available support groups.
Where do I go?
The clinic is located at the Royal Jubilee Hospital in the Memorial Pavilion building between Adanac Street and Richmond Avenue. The clinic is located on the 3rd floor of the Homer wing and there is an elevator available.
Where do I park?
There is metered parking at the outpatient lot off of Adanac street (beside Memorial Pavilion) or there is the main parkade off Bay and Richmond Ave.