The Outpatient AntiMicrobial Therapy clinic (OPAT) offers services such as antibiotic therapy, wound assessment and treatment under the care of our Infectious Diseases Specialists, nurses and pharmacists.
Our Infectious Disease Physician will provide a thorough assessment, establish a diagnosis, prescribe treatment and determine appropriate care and monitoring during therapy if applicable.
General Information on Outpatient Antimicrobial Therapy Clinic (OPAT)
Physician referral required. Patients who would benefit from additional assessment and/or treatment under the care of an Infectious Diseases Specialist.
For the Emergency Department only:
- The OPAT referral form must be faxed to our clinic (including all ER documents, such as ERP orders, nursing assessment, and notes)
For all other physicians:
- Call the infectious disease specialist who is on call for OPAT for the week
- If eligible, fax the OPAT referral form, to our clinic (including all other relevant documents)
Referral Form (Physician Only)
- if you are driving, please allow for extra time as parking is limited
- new patients are expected to arrive at 7:30 a.m. unless otherwise arranged
- 7:30 am - 1:00 pm, seven days a week
- New patients accepted Monday to Friday (not on stat holidays or weekends)
- New Patients are expected to arrive at 7:30 am (unless otherwise arranged)