Provides multidisciplinary mental health services to adults with severe and persistent, mental illness.
- multidisciplinary team - nurses, rehab service workers, psychiatrist
- access to neuropsychological testing
- integrated with psychiatric inpatient unit
- discharge and care planning
- case management
- intensive/Assertive case management
- psychiatric consult and medication management
- life skills education and healthy living as necessary to live independently
- medication education, management, monitoring and administration
- illness education and symptom management
- social recreational skills and a weekly social recreational group
- semi Independent Living (SIL) - psychosocial support and rent subsidies
- housing support, active members of Kendall Housing Committee (MHAS supported housing)
- introduce and assist clients in accessing community resources
- provide advocacy
- access to vocational resources
- crisis management and intervention
- consultation with client's support systems including family, friends and other caregivers
- early psychosis intervention
Intake provides a timely, single point of entry for all Port Alberni Mental Health & Addiction services.
FOR IMMEDIATE HELP OR SUPPORT
If you are in a situation that involves immediate risk of harm to self or others, please call 9-1-1.
For emotional support or assistance contact Vancouver Island 24 Hour Crisis Line : 1-888-494-3888.
4780 Roger St
Port Alberni, B.C.