Inpatient services are accessed through your family doctor, psychiatrist or through emergency.
- adolescents, adults and seniors
- individuals experiencing mental illness, eating disorders, head injuries, mental handicaps, age-related behaviour changes, forensic patients
- stabilization of acutely ill patients and linkage to community mental health and addiction services for follow-up, continued treatment and recovery
- pre-care when possible prior to a patient's admission
- comprehensive assessment including psychiatric, psychosocial, occupational therapy and nursing information
- personalized care plans designed by the treatment team in collaboration with the individual and, when appropriate, family members
- treatment based on the individual's care plan
- follow-up support as outlined in the discharge planning
- activity schedules are personalized to the unique needs of each patient depending on staffing and patient acuity
For immediate help or support
If you are in a situation that involves immediate risk of harm to self or others, please call 9-1-1.
For emotional support or assistance contact Vancouver Island 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888.
Cowichan District Hospital
3045 Gibbins Rd