This interactive session will open with 2-minute introductions from each panel member, followed by a “hot topic” question related to the panelists' expertise on the theme of supporting vulnerable women. A total of 5 questions will guide discussion and sharing of ideas. The aim of the session is for both panelists and participants to expand our understanding around the complex interface of stigma and safety in supporting vulnerable women.
- Dr. Karen Urbanoski, Canada Research Chair in Substance Use, Addictions and Health Services Research; Assistant Professor, Public Health & Social Policy, UVic
- Dr. Patti Janssen, Professor and Co-Lead Maternal-Child Health Theme, School of Population & Public Health, UBC
- Dr. Elizabeth Borycki, Director, Social Dimensions of Health Program, Director, Health and Society Program; Professor, School of Health Information Science, UVic
- Dr. Nichole Fairbrother, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Island Medical Program, UBC
- Ms. Lisa Ridgway, Lawyer and Patient Partner, BC SUPPORT UNIT, Victoria, BC
- Dr. Lori Brotto, Canada Research Chair in Women’s Sexual Health, Professor, Sept. Obstetrics & Gynecology, UBC; Executive Director, Women’s Health Research Institute (Moderator)
This event is for anyone interested in women's health, co-organized by the Women's Health Research Institute at BC Women's as part of Five Days in May, Island Health's annual health research showcase. Don't miss our other events throughout the month!
University of Victoria Medical Sciences Building (IMP) Room 160
3800 Finnerty Road