The future of health research depends on the public voice. This session focuses on patient and community engagement in health research, featuring:
- Stirling Bryan, Scientific Director, BC SUPPORT Unit - “Why Health Research Wants YOU to Get Involved”
- Ashley Clark, Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement,BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, and Lisa Ridgway, Patient Partner, PVN and BC SUPPORT Unit Island Centre – “Finding The Right Opportunity & Maximizing Impact”
- Hannah Roy, Patient Partner - “Partnering on C. difficile Research & Digital Storytelling”
- Registration (in person only): 1 - 1:30 pm
- Presentations and Discussion: 1:30 - 3 pm
- Information Booth Session (in person only; optional): 3 - 4 pm
This event is primarily intended for members of the public interested in engagement in health research. It's organized by the Vancouver Island Regional Centre, and is part of Five Days in May, Island Health's annual research showcase.